Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bollywood News

I am not the hero of Billu Barber: Shahrukh Khan
Shahrukh Khan, who is geared up for the release of his home production Billu, said in an interview that he is not the main lead of the film. Billu is a remake of a Tamil film Kuselan that had Rajnikanth playing Shahrukh’s role. In the promos of the film Rajni was projected as the hero of the film and when the audiences watched it they were plainly disappointed to see their hero as a mere sidekick of the actor in the barber’s role.
“At the outset, let me clarify that I am not playing the title role of the barber in my film. It is Irrfan Khan who is playing the protagonist,” said Shahrukh.
“It’s for the first time that I’ve had an opportunity to work with a director of his calibre (Priyadarshan). He’s one of the fastest directors around and has a great vision about every film that he sets out to direct,” he adds.
His three dance numbers with Deepika, Kareena and Priyanka have been used as good marketing tool for the film which has gained fast publicity. Was it meant purely for publicity purpose or what?
“We needed to have the medley of songs in Billu Barber because I play a superstar who is working with all the top actresses. Luckily for me, all the actresses agreed to be part of the song and adjusted their dates accordingly. In fact Kareena shot for the song just a day after I had asked her to oblige. I am indebted to all the actresses,” clarifies SRK.
We wish him luck for the film… After all its a Priyadarshan film and we expect it will atleast be half as good as Bhool Bhulaiyya or Hera Pheri.
posted in Bollywood News 3 Comments
10th February 2009
Poll of the day
Does the name change from Billu Barber to Billu affect its box office results?
posted in Bollywood News 5 Comments
10th February 2009
Salman’s pet dog expires
Salman Khan suffered from a huge shock and loss when he discoverd that his beloved pet Myson died on Sunday, while he was shooting for London Dreams. Myson was suffering from a heart problem and Salman was informed by the vet some time ago that Myson had little time left.
A source from the set of London Dreams says, “On Sunday night, when Salman was shooting in Karjat for the film, he got a call from home, informing him about the death of Myson. Salman broke down. After he calmed down, he spoke to Vipul and left for Mumbai immediately. Myson was buried in Salman’s farmhouse in Panvel. After the burial, everyone expected Salman to cancel the shoot, but a professional that he is, Salman reported back on the sets of London Dreams much to the production unit’s surprise.”
Salman also blogged about his two beloved pets Myson and Myjaan on the same day, it reads …
’Dedicated to the ones who wait for us across the rainbow bridge…When I return home from shooting everyday, as a routine, I first spend time with my two champions, whom I have named Myson and Myjaan. They are my life and I am passionate about them. While I do not humanise them, I dislike referring to them as dogs or my pets.They are a part of me, my family and they share my every joy and sorrow. They understand me completely and there is such a big bond I share with them that it moves me beyond words.The best time whenever I get a Sunday off is the time I spend being with them.Myjaan is far smarter and naughtier than Myson, she always insists I pet her first and creates a big fuss if I get to Myson before her. They are also my sounding boards they ground me and help me to think.When I go on long outdoor stints and cannot take them with me, I speak to them on the phone. I have an amplifier system installed at home, so that they can hear me loud and clear…and I can feel them close with the sounds that they make.Myson is smarter and more patient. He knows that I am away and that I will return. Time stands still for them and the sun shines once again when I am near them… like I am today!From them I learn patience and forbearance. The unconditional love that they teach me to share is timeless and beautiful.Love like this is the highest kind of love. It finds joy in others no matter what, because it recognises the freedom of those we love, and doesn’t chain them to our own wants. It is the same kind of love God has for us.”
Sorry Sallu, may his soul RIP
posted in Bollywood News 4 Comments
10th February 2009
Billu ki Bak Bak
After Karan Johar as a publicity strategy grilled his Dostana actors on a TV show, buddy SRK has also done a similar thing for his next flick Billu.
He is seen interacting with Lara, Irrfan and Priyadarshan for a special episode which will be aired on Zoom channel.
SRK is seen at his humorous best as he extracts some witty remarks from his co-actors and director and also makes them dance to his tunes, which Lara and Irrfan adhere to but Priyan remains fixed to the couch.
Catch all this excitement called “Billu Ki Bak Bak” only on Zoom.
posted in Bollywood News 5 Comments
10th February 2009
Paichan Kaun?
Guess who are these actor and actress fused into one?
Yesterday’s answer: Priyanka Chopra and Shilpa Shetty
posted in Bollywood News 5 Comments
10th February 2009
Aamir Khan inspired by Gandhiji
Aamir Khan is always known for his association with social issues, be it the Narmada issue or the Olympic torch controversy or the recent Mumbai terror attacks.
Aamir says, “I am not a social activist. I feel if there’s any issue I feel strongly about, I can give a voice to it. Will I take up other issues in future? Yes, if and when I feel like.”
Ask him who inspires him the most and he says, “Gandhiji is one person who inspires me!”
So do we see a masterpiece from Aamir on Ghandiji anytime soon?
posted in Bollywood News 1 Comment
10th February 2009
Saif irks Bebo
At a recent shoot for Rensil D’ Silva’s untitled flick in Delhi, Bebo got irritated when her real life beau and co-actor Saif Ali Khan delayed the shoot by sticking inside his vanity van for a long time.
Kareena finally made her way to his van to ask him to start shooting, the crowd got too excited but Kareena was much angry even to acknowledge them, but when Saif came out he smiled and waved at the crowd.
When both of them sat in the car, Kareena was talking to Saif with a very angry expression on her face.
However a source said, “Arrey, Saif mana lenge abhi. Pehle bhi ho chuka hai ye.”
Ok acha!!!
posted in Bollywood News 2 Comments
10th February 2009
Priyanka excited about mom’s cosmetic surgery clinic
Priyanka Chopra and her mother Madhu Chopra are busy these days in giving final touches to their hi-tech cosmetic surgery clinic in Juhu, so busy is mommy Chopra that she couldn’t even accompany her son Siddharth to Geneva where he is off to study a one-year culinary course.
Priyanka says, “It was my dad who went with my brother. Momcan’t leave right now. She’s so heavily into her cosmetic clinic. It’s on the verge of being opened. We’ve named it Studio Aesthetic.”
“We’ve been getting the machines and equipment for the past one year. The process will continue for a while. But mom’s clinic is ready to roll.”
Quiz Priyanka about her own cosmetic surgeries and she says, “I know. I should’ve waited for my mom’s clinic. I’d have got a discount. But seriously , if I had gone through cosmetic surgery I’d happily admit it. There’s nothing wrong with it. But the fact is, what has happened to me is not surgery. It’s polishing. When I came in I was raw and inexperienced about diet, work-outs, makeup. Over a period of time I’ve understood my body face and mind. That shows in my appearance and performances.”
Well that’s very true, she indeed polished herself and transformed into a sexy actress.
posted in Bollywood News 2 Comments
10th February 2009
Top Ten Songs of the Week
Top Ten Songs of the Week
1. Masakali - Delhi- 6
2.Jai Ho - Slumdog Millionaire
3.Marjaani - Billu barber
4.Baawre- Luck By Chance
5.Maahi - Raaz The Mystery …
6.Guzarish - Ghajini
7.Dance Pe chance - Rab Ne bana di jodi
8.Socha Hai - Rock On
9.Emosanal Attayachar - Dev D
10.Desi Girl - Dostana
posted in Bollywood News 1 Comment
9th February 2009
Ranbir and Deepika Get Cosy at a Cinema Hall!
Ranbir and Deepika hit a rough patch in their relationship just like every couple. Seemed like they had a tiff over something so to forget things they decided to go for a film.
A source reports an eyewitness account, “An eyewitness says, “It was a late-night show for Marley and Me. The hall had only a handful of people present.
Ranbir and Deepika got the best seats in the house right in the last row in the corner with ample privacy. The couple looked a little distant.
Ranbir was pre-occupied on his phone and Deepika was looking very bored. At some point, they began talking and then made up and made out.
The people who were present at the screening at some point screamed at them to ‘get a room’, which was ignored by Ranbir.”
After the film Ranbir and Deepika made their way to the car park where Ranbir’s brand new Range Rover was waiting with his driver. Ranbir ordered the driver to get on the back seat while he and Deepika sat in the front and made their way towards Bandra.
posted in Bollywood News 16 Comments
9th February 2009
Poll of the Day
Which Don flick do you think was great? SRK’s Don or Amitabh’s Don?
posted in Bollywood News 38 Comments
9th February 2009
SRK’s Billu Barber now only Billu
SRK doesn’t believe in creating controversies, be it his private life or his latest flick Billu Barber, negotiating with the Hairdressers union SRK has removed the word Barber from his movie and now the movie is only called Billu.
SRK says, “I had a discussion with the association of hair dressers and salons in Maharashtra. And I’ve pokes to the associations in other cities on the phone. I don’t think we were wrong in ever using the word ‘barber’ and that is what be stand by. But they have their own take on that. The film has been made with a good feeling. So, I’d rather not hurt anyone, because it’s not going to affect my film.
We will put a piece of paper on the word ‘barber’ on the posters and hoardings which belong to the production which is Red Chillies, wherever it can be done. It’s a little expensive to try and change the posters which we couldn’t have done.”
Why didn’t SRK try explaining the situation to the union and he says, “If they understood that they wouldn’t have had an issue with it. In this case I was very clear that there is no legality involved and I would just like to make sure that people aren’t unhappy. I think I’m also a little mellow since I’m going for my surgery, so I don’t want to hurt anyone.”
Well so don’t be surprised when you see the latest ad of Billu Barber sans the barber.
posted in Bollywood News 9 Comments
9th February 2009
Aishwarya’s overcoat from Pink Panther Premiere
While everybody under the sun was raving and ranting about Aishwarya’s hot black look for the red carpet of Pink Panther 2’s premiere, her overcoat also got noticed by many. Do you like the overcoat?
posted in Bollywood News 20 Comments
9th February 2009
Kareena Kapoor all red
Kareena Kapoor recently attended the launch of Anne French Beauty Training Programme in New Delhi wearing all red.
Kareena is reviving her contract with Anne French, which has Katrina Kaif as it’s current brand ambassador.
posted in Bollywood News 10 Comments
9th February 2009
Don all set to return
Well all SRK and Don fans there is a good news for you. Don is officially going to return with all its favorites - SRK, Priyanka, Arjun Rampal and Boman Irani.
While SRK, Arjun and Boman had given their consent for the movie long ago Priyanka was recently signed.
A source says, “Authorities at Excel Entertainment were not too sure if they should go with Priyanka, but lately Priyanka has become a big name after delivering back-to-back hits - Fashion and Dostana and winning the best actress award recently. The decision confirming Priyanka’s presence in Don 2 was taken only recently.”
“Don had done rather well with Shah Rukh. Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar (partners in Excel) were very keen that they make the sequel. Things were not falling in place initially, but now everything is sorted out.”
Sidhwani confirmed the news, “We start shooting Don 2 in January 2010. The entire film will be shot in Berlin and Ireland. Now that we know that Vijay is dead and Shah Rukh is just Don in the film, the remaining part of the story is going to be very interesting.”
Interesting!!! Are you excited about the return of


From

http://bollywood.celebden.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment